A wide-open soundstage and amazing sonic purity-that’s what Klipsch speakers are known for. Their signature Tractrix technology results in very little distortion from an exceptionally efficient design. Each speaker incorporates a 1″ horn-loaded tweeter that delivers magnificent high-frequency detail. New and Improved Now in its fifth generation, Reference II speakers have even more content and superior sound quality for you to enjoy. You’ll find re-engineered drivers throughout combined with a new crossover system that will capture your complete attention and excite your emotions. Improved cosmetics, including black metallic finished baffles, cerametallic woofers, new logos and feet, redefine the look of “big sound” throughout the line. Four Laws of the Klipsch Universe Beginning in 1946, company founder, Paul W. Klipsch believed four principles to be the foundation for great sound. Together, these four design principles-high efficiency with low distortion, controlled directivity, flat frequency response, and wide dynamic range-have and always will be the foundation for our stunningly powerful and precise sound. Fills medium-sized rooms with outstanding sound reproduction Accurate, non-fatiguing sound provides hours of listening pleasure Enhanced 1″ titanium horn-loaded tweeter, 6.5″ high-output woofer
- Every Reference speaker utilizes our Tractrix Horn technology for lifelike sound, more output using less energy, improved reliability, reduced distortion and a large soundstage with well-defined imaging.
- Our light, yet rigid Cerametallic woofer cones feature specially treated aluminum to help better dampen and prevent distortion.
- Titanium tweeter with linear travel suspension-trickle-down technology from our flagship Palladium Series-provides an open, natural sound, making you feel as if you’re in the studio with the recording artist or on the set of a film.
- Exclusive Wide Dispersion Surround Technology (WDST) enables surrounds to reproduce localized and ambient sounds with unlimited placement flexibility.
- Enhanced crossover frequencies offer smoother on-axis and off-axis integration.