The dB55 is a 5 channel high power amplifier with 4,000 watts peak output, 2,000 watts RMS output, and 980 watts CEA-2006 rated power. Here at Rockville we offer the best value in car audio. We therefore want to make it easy for you to compare our products to any brands on the market. So we provided 3 ratings for all of our car amplifiers. We provided a CEA compliant rating, which you should use to compare this amplifier to other premium brands that make CEA compliant products such as Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, Kenwood, Pioneer, etc. We also supplied an RMS rating that is not CEA compliant, but has become standard in the industry. You should use this rating when comparing with ratings from brands such as Hifonics, Earthquake, DB Drive, etc. Lastly, we also supply a peak rating which almost all brands in the industry provide. This peak power is the amount of power the amp puts out at the loudest moments during a particular song.
This amp has a fully adjustable 12dB/Octave crossover with differential circuitry. Other features include a subsonic filter, a fully adjustable bass equalizer, and mute and delay soft start technology. The dB55 is protected by a full IC controlled circuit and has professional peak limiter circuitry guaranteeing distortion free music playback at all levels.
The dB amps by Rockville use the top parts and components recommended by Rockville’s very own engineer. These amps are the best sounding out of any series we have ever created. They perform more efficiently resulting in even dB of sound. We created them to be 2 ohm stable just like the world’s most famous amps by Rockford Fosgate, Kicker, etc. If you compare our amp to the most famous amps you will find our amp can compete and, in my opinion, surpass the performance of anything in its class.
- Includes: Amplifier. Bass Remote. Birth sheet with tested power. Owner’s manual. Mounting Screws. Warranty.
- Rockville dB55 4000 Watt/2000 Watt RMS 5 Channel Amplifier. CEA Compliant Power Ratings (Rated at less than 1 % distortion) (Use these CEA ratings when matching and comparing with other CEA compliant brands such as Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, etc). 2 Ohm: 120 Watts x 4 + 500 Watts x 1 <1% THD+N. 4 Ohm: 80 Watts x 4 + 300 Watts x 1 <1% THD+N.
- RMS Power Ratings: (Use these RMS ratings when comparing with great brands such as Hifonics, Earthquake, Soundstream, etc). 2 Ohm 240 Watts x 4 + 1000 Watts x 1. 4 Ohm: 160 Watts x 4 + 600 Watts x 1. Peak: (The amount of power the amplifier can produce for a split second at the loudest part of a song. 2 Ohm 480 Watts x 4 + 2000 Watts x 1. 4 Ohm: 320 Watts x 4 + 1200 Watts x 1.
- High-Speed MOSFET Power Supply. Rugged switching MOSFETs for Class D in CH5. Under Voltage Protection at 10V. Over Voltage Protection at 16V. Optical Coupler Class “AB” +”D” Technology. Studio-Grade Bipolar Output Stage Transistors. Fully Adjustable 12dB / Octave Crossover with Differential Circuitry. Low Pass Filter: (CH1-CH4)40Hz -4KHz /(CH5)50Hz -250Hz. High Pass Filter: 15Hz – 4KHz. Subsonic Filter: 15Hz – 55Hz.
- Full IC-Controlled Protection Circuitry. Remote Dashboard Subwoofer Control. Fully Adjustable 12dB Bass Equalizer. Mute and Delay Soft Start System. 8 Volt Preamp Circuitry. Status Mode LED Indicator. Minimum THD at Rated Power: 90dB. Frequency Response: 15-35KHz. Damping Factor: >100@ 100Hz. 40 Amp x3. Dimensions: (W x H x L) 9” x 2.4′ x 18.6″.