Whether you want better sound from your computer, your tablet, your CD player, or many other sources, Modi 3 is a tiny delta-sigma DAC that really delivers.
Modi 3: All The DAC You Need
Plug Modi 3 into any virtually any computer with the included USB to micro cable and you’re ready to go. Or, choose and optical or coaxial digital source with the included wall power supply. Or connect to your phones and tablets that need a low-power-draw device, again using the wall power supply. That’s right–Modi 3 accepts pretty much any input you can throw at it! Featuring the AK4490 DAC and DC-coupled output, Modi 3 delivers great sound far above its price.
Platforms that support Modi 3’s 100% UAC2 compliant USB input are:
Designed and Assembled in USA
- Windows. Windows 10 is highly recommended. It is usually plug and play with our DACs. Windows 7 and 8 will work, but may need our drivers. Windows XP, Vista, and Windows Server editions are all untested and are not recommended.
- Mac OSX. From 10.7 on up, Macs have been plug and play with our DACs.
- iOS. From iOS7 on up, iOS devices work with our DACs using a USB Camera Connection Kit, Lightning to USB Camera Adapter, or Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter.
- Android. Most Android devices that shipped with Android M or above work with our DACs using a USB OTG cable. Some may require separate player software, like USB Audio Player Pro.
- Linux. Most Linux distros that support UAC2 natively will be plug and play with our DACs. Please note that we cannot provide detailed technical support for Linux.
The vast majority of the total production cost of Modi 3–chassis, boards, transformers, assembly, etc.–goes to US companies manufacturing in the US. The wall-warts are made in China, but there’s some give and take at this price point.
Modi 3 is covered by a limited warranty that covers parts and labor for two years.
- Featuring the AK4490 delta-sigma DAC and DC-coupled output, Modi 3 delivers great sound for its price.
- Plug Modi 3 into any virtually any computer with the included USB to micro cable and you’re ready to go.
- Use the included wall power supply when connecting to an optical or coaxial digital source or when you connect to your phones and tablets that need a low-power-draw device.
- Select different inputs by using the toggle switch conveniently located on the front. On the back, you’ll find Coaxial SPDIF, Optical SPDIF, and USB inputs, and single-ended RCA output.
- Modi 3 ships with a USB to Micro USB cable and a universal 5V USB wall power adapter